A CV is the first point of contact a prospective employer has with you. This is not only a document detailing your information but a sales tool to get you all the way to that all important interview. This means that you need to provide all the necessary experience, skills sets and outstanding achievements. No one can construct a perfect curricular vitae first time, which is why we are here to help!
We offer a bespoke CV writing service which enables you to make the best first impression possible to a company and gets you through the door. Once you are through that door further help will be given through interview preparation.
Part of this service includes a face to face appointment so we can gather the correct information on your skills, education, experience, achievements and personal character. We can also understand if there is a key company you are trying to get an interview with so we know how to sell your abilities, making it relevant and stand out from the crowd. Having a face to face interview is key, as we may find more skills and experience that could be shown off on your CV.
From this meeting, we will produce a professional CV, both hard copy and digital version. If you gain new skills and experience whilst working with us, this will also be added to your CV to further improve the copy.
There are some factors which you do not actually include within a CV which may surprise you. For example:
Things to avoid in a CV:
Step 1 – Personal statement
– Highlight professional attributes and goals
– Why should someone consider your application?
Step 2 – Key skills
– Technical skills – shows relevant knowledge required for this role
– Personal skills – include main attributes vital to the role
Step 3 – Certificates/memberships
– Relevant professional qualifications
– Any professional associations you are a member of
Step 4 – Education
– University – course and grade
– College – course(s) and grade(s)
– School – GCSE’s (maths and English IMPORTANT)
Step 5 – Employment
– Job title – dates of employment – introduction to the company – key achievements
– Do this for all past experience (use most relevant).
Step 6 – Interests/achievements
– Outside interests – show personal skills
– Relevant personality traits to fit the requirements
Step 7 – Reference
– Have a maximum of 2 references (make sure they are your most relevant or best)
We’re very happy to hear from all candidates looking for Graduate schemes or roles. Whether you’ve spotted a particular vacancy on our website or you can’t find exactly what you are looking for, please complete the form below and an experienced graduate consultant will be in touch.