Our client is the most successful logistics companies in the United Kingdom today, providing supply chains solutions to a wide portfolio of customers. The Company has a turnover of c. £400m, growing eightfold in the last decade.
As well as being the country’s largest privately-owned container transport operator, in recent years the Company has diversified into other sectors of the international supply chain, offering port-centric, rail-connected warehousing, distribution, off-dock container storage and other transport-related services, including truck sales
The business combines talented transport professionals, leading edge IT systems, an unrivalled national network of port-based and inland depots and a modern fleet of carbon-friendly vehicles
Today, our client handles up to 15,500 moves a week with a fleet of over 1,000 vehicles and employs 1,100+ highly flexible staff and drivers across 19 locations, from South Shields to Southampton. In a rapidly changing transport landscape, this is a business focussed on meeting the needs of its clients every time.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a market leader? Due to continued success our client is looking for a Graduate to join the Leicester team in a permanent role to help with ambitious plans within their Distribution Network.
If you are a bright, sharp, articulate and confident individual keen to work hard and develop a career at speed but also work as part of a successful team, then this is the company for you.
Previous experience within Transport or Distribution is preferred, however not essential as full training is provided.
Career progression is limitless, driven by your personal commitment, ambition and desire to succeed. With such a diverse business profile, customer portfolio and geographic coverage you can enjoy a long and rewarding career with a true market leader.
Generally graduates start in Operator roles with heavy emphasis on progression.
Initial duties will involve:
• Driver debrief – excellent communication required
• Tachograph analysis
• Resource allocation
• Damaged goods procedures
• Knowledge of legislation
• Paperwork handling
• Fuel management
• Compliance management
• Any other relevant duties
• Degree in business, logistics, analytical or economics related fields
• Outstanding initiative
• Excellent work ethic
• Dynamic, ambitious, driven & self-motivated
• Solutions orientated
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Confident communicator
• Demonstrate experience in the transport/logistics sector – desirable
• IT literate, with excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
HOLIDAY: Four weeks plus bank holidays, after 3 years entitlement increases by 3 days
• Company car or car allowance equivalent once employee has become a planner
• Discretionary bonus scheme.
• Pension: After 12 months you can join the Company contributory pension scheme (Employee contributes 6% and Company contributes 6%)
Discuss this opportunity with us