Graduate Agronomic Researcher
Degree Discipline & Classification
2:2 or higher Degree in Plant Physiology/ Botany/ Agronomy or Biochemistry related field
About Our Client
A world leading, manufacturing company located in East Midlands.
Roles & Responsibilities
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To research and investigate new product development through trials on a range of crops and soil media.
- Work in a safe, efficient and effective manner, ensuring the strategic objectives of the business to ISO Standards compliance.
- Research, investigate and develop new products through performance and efficacy testing on a wide range of crops and soil media as directed by line manager.
- Run and assist in-house trials to meet project deadlines and within project budget whilst complying with HS&E legislation.
- Set-up and design experiments in a professional manner with statistical analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- Support the global development team as required.
- Assist in the function of the analytical support service of the amenity market for turf core analysis and reporting.
- Ensure all laboratory processes are maintained and developed using the Company continuous improvement plan to ISO standards compliance.
- Ensure that all enquiries, work sheets and legislation, quality assurance and laboratory support activities are dealt with in an organised, efficient and timely manner.
- Research background, review databases and abstracting services to support the company’s product development programme and specific projects as directed.
- Ensure Quality Assurance by promoting customer awareness, instrument calibration and control, ensuring ISO9001 system is constantly improved and compliant,
- Actively support in the achievement of KPI’s in line with the direction of your line manager and overall company HS&E programmes, Budget, Efficiency requirements and improvement programmes.
- Actively support the presentation, report writing and process documentation in line with the needs of the Sales department and the needs of external customers.
- Support and train junior technical staff as required and directed
- Continually monitor and identify opportunities for cost reduction both individually and through Company Continuous Improvement initiative, ensuring that profitability is maximised
- To be responsible for maintaining all relevant Laboratory records as directed
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of all employees and visitors and monitor and maintain excellent housekeeping standards in all areas of responsibility and environmental issues, ensuring that H&S legislation and company policy is adhered to
- Assist where necessary with ensuring the Customer Services function maintain and improve good working relations with all Amega Sciences customers, dealing with issues as proactively as possible
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by any Director or relevant level authority within the business
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Attention to detail and numerate to ensure procedures are accurate and followed according to customer requirements and company specifications
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, prioritise, manage, and delegate project requirements in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Solution orientated –ability to analyse problems and develop effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills that allows the individual to communicate internally and externally, at all levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to write a technical report to a high level of competence
- Demonstrates the ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
- Demonstrates the ability to work to and ensure compliance to ISO Standards
- Intermediate level of IT skills i.e. Word, Excel, or equivalent
- Operates in line with relevant legislation and company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a proactive, flexible attitude towards work and is able to respond to business priorities appropriately.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain levels of housekeeping and health and safety standards.