Graduate Technical Specialist
• Educated to degree level in a technical subject or equivalent
• Good knowledge of IT, including servers and wired and wireless networks.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of graphics packages and RIP software would be an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deal with people at all levels in a customer and build a strong relationship, based on knowledge, trust and customer empathy.
• Good commercial awareness with the ability to identify opportunities for additional business.
• A driving licence is essential.
This client hold one of the UK’s largest amount of self-adhesive labels in stock. With advanced labelling capabilities, they provide blank, pre-printed and printed labels, fully customisable to clients’ requirements. With over 18 years of industry experience, their expert team can ensure that specifying labelling requirements including material, adhesive and sizes is simple and hassle-free.
In combination with labels, they can also provide the full package including barcode label printers, colour label printers, barcode scanners, thermal ribbons, label applicators and more.
They provide the full labelling solution and are backed by a team of friendly specialists offering pre-sales and post-sales support.
• Carry out on-site installation and training on thermal and colour printers.
• Look for sales opportunities when visiting customers sites and report to the sales team.
• Deal with in-coming support calls and emails from customers in a courteous and efficient manner. Ensure that problems are logged on the CRM and where possible take the incoming call, rather than phoning them back.
• Carry out repairs to printers either on site or returned to the office.
• Manage the holding of spare parts and report stock levels to accounts at the end of the month.
• Produce help videos for common problems to reduce the demands on customer support.
• Ensure user and maintenance manuals and parts lists etc. are easily accessible on the server for all the products that we support.
• Help write technical blogs to assist with the promotion of the company’s website.
• Manage the company’s PCs, assisting staff and sourcing external assistance where required.
• Help man exhibitions. Use the opportunity to establish working relationships with important customers, so they know who to contact with a problem.
• Gain sufficient knowledge on the company’s range of products (hardware and software) to repair printers and to resolve customer technical problems.
• Research and evaluating new products to complement and grow the company’s business.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Thursday 9 – 5.30pm 1 hour lunch, Friday 8.30 – 5.00pm 1 hour lunch. Dress down day on Friday.
SALARY: Dependent on skills, education and experience (range of 20 – 25k)
HOLIDAY: 28 days including bank holidays
BENEFITS: Excellent opportunities to progress