Graduate Quality Engineer
- Some knowledge of milling, turning and grinding process
- Some knowledge of Inspection methodology
- Experience in working in a busy environment
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- An understanding of Quality Assurance problem solving methods
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Valid UK driving licence
OVERVIEW TO COMPANY:
Our client designs and manufactures components essential in process equipment. Models are available in a variety of designs and mounting configurations and are used extensively around the world by leading OEMs in metalworking, steel, marine, pulp/paper, material handling, paper converting, mining, and energy.
A Quality Engineer is required to join the Quality Assurance Team and shall be required to work within a ISO 9001 environment while providing quality assurance skills to the design, manufacturing and assembly processes to ensure the compliance of customer specifications, industry standards and internal company standards.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineering graduate to join this business and develop a career using the skills from university.
Following training duties will eventually involve the following:
• Contribute to maintaining the companies ISO9001 accredited quality management system.
• Inspect completed assemblies and finished parts to specification prior to delivery.
• Sample inspection of new, bought in components and castings to specifications using a range of inspection instruments, gauges and CMM.
• Investigate internal/external non-conformances using a range of problem solving tools and liaise with vendors and internal departments to implement solid
• Investigate customer complaints, provide input to achieve problem resolutions and document findings.
• Initial inspection and report creation for returned goods.
• Track components through the manufacturing process to confirm the manufacturing requirements have been correctly followed. Complete contract required documentation and reports when required.
• Create non-conformance reports and scrap notifications as required.
• Create and submit engineering change requests.
• Maintain and create In-process working instructions.
• Carry out internal company audits and external supplier audits.
• Assist with the management of the company’s calibration system.
HOURS OF WORK: 37 hours per week