- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven Sales experience essential. Demonstrable and successful sales track record
- Well presented
- Proven negotiation experience
- Driven and ambitious with a can do attitude
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focused
- IT literate – including all Microsoft Office programs
- Financially astute – ability to maximise on sales and understand the cost of making the product
- Good presentation skills
- Respectful and approachable
- Take pride in your work
- Willing to go the extra mile for your client
- Solutions orientated
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Promote and drive continuous improvement
- Open and honest, demonstrating a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to plan your own day and understand the value of each client
- Full driving licence
- Based around the Yorkshire area - desirable
- A degree/graduate calibre
OVERVIEW TO COMPANY:
Our Global client is the market leader in their industry.
With companies across Europe, our client is able to provide support and supply that is tailored local to market needs. They currently operate from UK, France, Italy, Poland, Spain and Portugal, they also service all other EU export markets from UK, France, Italy and Poland.
North America – our client has sister companies in USA and Canada.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As an area sales manager, you'll be responsible for overseeing the sales operation of your company in a particular geographical area.
Develop a close relationship with all their major accounts to grow business organically and find new business.
- Finding new customers in your geographical area and constantly expanding the business.
- Visiting a minimum of 20 customers per week and prepare a dedicated development plan aligned with the company strategy and customer profile
- Revise the specific customer potential of spending
- Revise specific customer credit conditions and discuss with the Working Capital Manager
- Monitoring sales data and keeping up to date with current market trends and customer needs.
- First class consultative approach to clients. Good understanding of Features and Benefits of the products.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision makers.
- Ability to complete management reports on time – monthly/quarterly including sales forecasts.
- Aware of applicable company KPIs and business plan.
- Organise workshops and open house events at customer premises
- Contribute to the success of the company events: shows, boot camps, open houses
- Be aware of all competitive activities within major accounts.
- Good disciplined use of CRM and administration.
- Sales presentations for clients showing the success and credibility of the business and its products
- Give pricing information to management and make recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal teams.
- Put forward ideas on sales strategies for director to approve